Our Main activities:
1) Japanese Language Teaching; 2) Teaching Japanology
(Japan’s Cultural History)
3) Extending Library and Reading room facilities to the
Japanese Language course Students and persons interested in
4) Holding cultural functions independently or in
association with the Consulate-General of Japan.
5) We are the Host Organization for holding Japanese
Language Proficiency Test) from 1998 for Eastern India.
6) Eastern India Japanese Language Speech Contest
7) Hosting Seminars on Japanese language teaching, Japanese
Language Education Workshop supported by The Japan
Foundation and supported by the Consulate-General of Japan,
8) Holding different other functions- Japanese language and
9) Biennially organizing The Japanese Language Prose Reading
Contest (Eastern India)
10) We encourage study and publication of articles (in this
bulletin) on subject related to Japanese Language and
expressed in the articles are those of the contributors and
should not be attributed to the Editor and Publisher.)
our last page)
We invite remarks from our navigators to this website.
We also invite brief articles (within 500 words.
Contributor's very brief bio-data be mentioned separately)
on complimentary basis on the relations between India and
Japan, which we may include in our website free of charge
after consideration by the Board of Reviewers.
Opinions expressed in the articles are those of the
contributors and should not be attributed to the Editor and
From the Japan Foundation, Tokyo and from the Commemorative
Association for the Japan World Exposition 1970, Osaka and
the Grant Assistance for Cultural Grassroots Project through
the good offices of the Consulate-General of Japan, Kolkata
Assistance from the Govt. of India::
Considering our philanthropic, academic and cultural
activities of non-profit making nature, we received a great
favour from the Income tax department in the form
of Perpetual Exemption
from the payment of Income Tax, while our donors would also
be exempted from the payment of their Income Tax under the
We as NGO:
In the past with the kind courtesy of the Consulate-General
of Japan, Kolkata and the Silver Volunteers of Japan,
donations of the anti-Tuberculosis medicines were made
through us to the Government of West Bengal’s Department of
Health. Similar donations of Medicines and Mobile clinic
were made to the Bengal Tuberculosis Association.
2) From our resources, we donated Rs.
10,000/- to the Indian Prime Minister’s Tsunami Relief Fund
3) We donated Rs. 5,000/- to the
Japanese authorities for the Tsunami victims of Japan.